Soul led coach Stacy Holland explains what makes a conscious leader, how to spot them in your team and why they are so important to the building of a successful business.
We discuss Stacy’s 20+ year career in high-profile corporate roles and how she knew when it was time to make a switch to coaching full time. Stacy shares how she moved the family to Dubai for a job at one point, and how ripping a whole floor out of a building is sometimes necessary to create the right culture at work.
This is an honest, straight-talking account of rising to the top of the corporate world, of living with purpose, and most importantly left us with the feeling that starting something new is not starting again – it is just the next step in your journey.
About the show:
Problem Busters is a show that explores solutions to the biggest and the smallest of problems. Hosts Jonathan Goodwin and Oliver Happy discuss making the world a better place with guests from far and wide.
About our guest:
Stacy Holland is a soul led leadership coach, a life coach and a mentor. She is the founder of Stacy Holland Coaching and lives in the UK with her family.
- The path to coaching.
- Leadership as being coaching in many ways
- The concept of a shadow leader. Be aware of the shadow you cast.
- Working with BT and digital transformation
- Culture being incredibly important during lockdown
- Setting up guilds where people support each other.
- How to handle feeling like you don’t have enough time.
- Book: Marie Kondo – Joy at work
- Removing the clutter, in order to see clearly.
- The excitement and challenge of accepting a role overseas
- Taking the plunge and the risk of moving the family to Dubai.
- Going to a country where English wasn’t the first language.
- Dubai’s mall culture
- Ripping out an entire floor of the building to create a massive co-working space.
- How to develop female leaders.
- The value of choosing to be in a transformation role – to bring change.
- The need to have team members that represent all the cultures of your customer base
- The main barriers for entry for women come down to confidence.
- Study: The Confidence Gap
- There is often a wobble for women when they’ve had children
- What is a conscious leader?
- How to identify your purpose
- The role of conscious leaders in any business
- Burnout being a clear sign of needing to change
- Book: The big leap by Gay Hendrix
- Podcast: Dare to Lead
- Moving from corporate to entrepreneur
- The value of developing a coaching culture
- The big take away from this episode? Whatever you feel, listen to that. There is a message there. Just listen and trust what is being shown to you.
- The value of working with mentors and coaches
Logo and concept by Christy O’Connor